Thursday, December 17, 2009

2000 Addendum

3. You Can Count on Me

While looking over my decade-end spreadsheets, I made note of the well-loved movies from every year that I hadn't gotten around to seeing yet. For the hella-weak year of 2000, the one movie that bugged me was this one. I suspected it might have made it on to my best of list, but I couldn't wait to write it because I'm having so much damn fun with these. Well, I just finished watching this, and sure enough, it's easily the third best movie of 2000: brilliantly acted, well-observed, funny, rich, everything you're looking for. Kenneth Lonergan needs to get his shit together and make another movie, post haste.

This knocks Wonder Boys down to 4, O Brother to 5, and gets that unsightly Traffic off the board altogether.

No comments: